Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Mortal Instruments' Dream Team Behind The Scenes: Amazing Fan Encounter With Harald Zwart!

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones truly has the perfect dream team working behind it for the adaptation. The casting is flawless, the soundtrack is rocking, and the team behind the TMI movie is incredible to fans - Harald Zwart had even mentioned doing re-shoots based off of what the fans really wanted to see in the film! Shadowhunters, we have a voice in this movie!

Two months ago one of our bloggers, Megan (okay, it was me),  accidentally on purpose ran into the director of The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Harald Zwart, and his family and had an incredible experience speaking with them! I noticed Harald hanging around after the Mortal Instruments panel at the LA Times Festival of Books back in April, and made a nonchalant beeline straight over to him. I had three of Cassandra Jean's post cards for The Infernal Devices with me, technically at a Mortal Instruments event - oops. I didn't let that stop me from asking Harald to sign my post cards though:

         
Once Harald's wife VeslemØy noticed her husband was signing postcards, she took things into her own hands and kindly explained to me after my laughter had died down, that she would seriously take my post cards with her, get the cast to sign them, and send them to me at home. She was so intent on this that she even turned her son around so that I could use his back as a surface to write my address on the post cards:

Even if I never saw those post cards again, I had an amazing time speaking with Harald and his family for a good twenty or so minutes. We joked around and even took "family fun photos":


...


...


...

Remember when I said that the team behind The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones is incredible to fans? If this doesn't convince you, well...I got my post cards back! After two months of waiting, I received three signed post cards and a letter from VeslemØy:


                       

"Dear Megan, As promised - here are your cards :) I made sure Harald brought them everywhere! I hope you never lost faith, it took us a while - but then again practically everybody should be here. We misse Godfrey - but you may catch him at the premiere!? Love, VeslemØy. Ps! Felt they were safter getting to you with fedex." 

The Zwart family is amazing to their fans! This just isn't something that happens in real life, AND IT DID! Thank you so so SO much Zwart family and cast for making my life!

The post cards are signed by:  Robert Sheehan (Simon Lewis), Jamie Campbell Bower (Jace Wayland), Lily Collins (Clary Fray) Kevin Zegers (Alec Lightwood), Kevin Durand (Emil Pangborn), CCH Pounder (Madame Dorthea), Lena Heady (Jocelyn Fray), and director Harald Zwart


...


...


...

 If you have any fan stories interacting with Cassie,  the cast members, or any of the Mortal Instruments dream team behind the scenes, we want to hear it! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...