Thursday, November 1, 2012

Book Review: Beautiful Redemption BY Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl



Is death the end . . . or only the beginning?
Ethan Wate always dreamed of leaving the stifling Southern town of Gatlin.
But he never dreamt that finding love with Lena Duchannes would drive him away. Lena is a Caster girl whose supernatural powers unveiled a secretive and cursed side of Gatlin, so powerful it forced him to make a terrible sacrifice.
Now Ethan must find a way to return to Lena – and Gatlin – as she vows to do whatever it takes to get him back. Even if it means trusting old enemies or risking their loved ones’ lives.
Can Ethan and Lena rewrite their fate and their spellbinding love story in this stunning finale to the Beautiful Creatures series?








5 STARS!

I’m not even sure I can find the right words for this. Hell, I can’t even type properly. There are so many feeeeelings!
You have NO idea. I was umming and awwwing and OHHHING and NOOOOING all the way through this book and nearly cried a few times near the end. The happy, bittersweet, sad, but happy again feeling that is how I feel for the ending is….way too intense.
Like I said, I’m stuck for words.

So Ethan is…stuck, in the Otherworld and he has to find a way home…with the trust and help of Lena and Amma and anyone else that has the patience and power. So much happens… Oh God…where do I start? And without SPOILING!

Ethan learns a lot while…well…dead, and on his quest (which actually turns out a lot like something out of a TriWizard Tournament from Harry Potter) he meets a lot of weird and wonderful people. And some he thought gone for good. OH MY GOD…..

There are so many twists and turns in this story. The minute you think something is going to happen, it turns out…it isn’t, or it’s a whole lot worse. I read this book in about 2 days, and that’s saying something because the last 3 took me about…well, a lot longer.

Here are my tributes (no THG pun intended) and what I want to say about them:

Macon: iHeart you. You’re fierce, loyal, funny, you have the best lines and I want you as my uncle. No lie.
Abraham: Well, what can I say? I hate the bastard. He got what was coming to him. (no spoils)
Xavier: Oh how I loved you. Thanks for helping my boy! (iHearts Ethan, btw)
Amma: I’ll always love you. You’re ability to not take crap from no one is exceptional. And how loyal and loving you are to everyone. *sobs*
Lena: Oh man, she really kicked….well, something. I loved how they had a three parts to this book. You got a new look at how Lena thinks and feels, rather than just from Ethan’s pov and how he sees her.
Link:  I love that dude!
Liv: love you, my British amigo!
John and Ridley, you guys are fab. I know Rid is on the dark side of the force, but damn she’s awesome. John turned out to be pretty amazing too.
Angelus, or whatever his ugly ass name is:  I HATE YOU. The End.

And let’s not forget:

Sarafine: oh yes, I said Sarafine. But that’s another story that I will not spoil. I still hate that bitch, but….well, you’ll see.

Sorry this is a weird review, but strangely all my feelings are so jumbled, I can’t find the right way to write this. I’m sure I’ll find it soon.

Most of all, I’m so freaking sad this is the last book. I didn’t want it to end. In all, in my humblest opinion, Beautiful Chaos and Beautiful Redemption have been THE BEST BOOKS OF THE SERIES! ( with the exception of Beautiful Creatures that was the start of it all, of course.)

I have to praise Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl for coming up with this story and making it such an emotion, funny, bittersweet journey. I’m so pleased I decided to give it a try and I’m so glad It ended on a high note. I wouldn’t have had it end any other way.

Oh, now my words make sense. Anyway, that’s it from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...