Monday, July 9, 2012

Movie Monday #8: Popular Quotes


We are just over a year away from the theatrical release of ‘The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones’ and the hype for the adaptation of the internationally best selling series by Cassandra Clare will only continue to grow as the release draws nearer.


I’ve banded together with other ‘Mortal Instruments’ fansites (TMI Source, Mundie MomsTMI Examiner and TMI News en Espanol) for a new weekly feature called Movie Monday.

Each Monday leading up to the August 23, 2013, release of ‘The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones,’ we will take a look at a scene, moment, detail, etc. and give our opinions on how we think it will be interpreted in the big screen adaptation.

This week we take a look at the popular quotes we hope to see in the film. Here's my thoughts on this:
Although I’d love to hear and see every quote from the City of Bones book on the big screen, the screenplay writers, I. Marlene King and Jessica Postigo, have surely narrowed the dialogue to include great quotes from the book as well as new lines that will help to move the plot of the movie along well. One of the quotes I would love to see have been mentioned in our post about pop culture references, and is a conversation between Jace and Clary:
“Don’t touch any of my weapons without my permission.”
“Well, there goes my plan for selling them all on eBay,” Clary muttered.
“Selling them on what?”
Clary smiled blandly at him. “A mythical place of great magical power.”
There are so many one-liners by Jace that I’d love to see included in the film:
“Declarations of love amuse me. Especially when unrequited.”
“The meek may inherit the earth, but at the moment it belongs to the conceited. Like me.”
“Just coffee. Black – like my soul.”
Of course, there is plenty of dialogue between Simon and Clary that I enjoy. Here’s a couple I really want to see in the movie:
“Was it weird hearing from Jace?” asked Simon, his voice carefully neutral. “I mean, since you found out…”
His voice trailed off.
Yes?”said Clary, her voice sharply edged. “Since I found out what? That he’s a killer transvestite who molests cats?”
“No wonder that cat of his hates everyone.”
Oh, shut up, Simon,” Clary said crossly.”
OR one of my fave lines from early in the book:
“Meanwhile,” Simon added, “I wanted to tell you that lately I‘ve been cross-dressing. Also, I‘m sleeping with your mom. I thought you should know."

You can go here to read the rest of the article!

1 comment:

  1. what page number is it when she uses sarcasm with jace when she jokes about selling his weapons on ebay ?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...