Friday, June 22, 2012

Mortal Institute Radio: Room 312 by Roses Unread

I'm always looking for songs that fits the story lines of either The Mortal Instruments or The Infernal Devices. When I received a random YouTube video via Twitter the other day from a band I'd never heard of, I had to make sure that I took a look. The song was "Room 312" by Tenessee rockers Roses Unread (@rosesunread), and it was a perfect fit with how I imagine Jace felt about Clary in City of Fallen Angels. Check out the lyrics first to see what you think!

It's bad enough, walking down these halls of memories
and then I see your room and butterflies fly into me
I'm too nervous to put a foot in much less two
I still feel you here with me, watching my every move

I know you see me
I know you hear me
reading my thoughts inside
You know I loved you
I won't forget you
You made me feel alive
You know I feel you
You know I sense you
You know I want you
to spread your wings and fly

It's bad enough, waking up from all these nightmares
and then I see your face and you're the one who looks scared
I'm too nervous to say hello, how are you
I still feel you here with me
lingering in this room
These lyrics are very much reminiscent of Jace's feelings about having to stay away from Clary because of the terrible nightmares he had about killing her planted by the demon Lilith, and I'm reminded of a conversation between Jace and Simon from the book on page 121:

Jace: I can’t be with her…And if I can’t be with her, it doesn’t really matter to me where I am. I might as well be with you because if she knew I was trying to protect you that might make her happy.



Simon: So you’re trying to make her happy despite the fact that the reason she’s unhappy in the first place is you…That seems contradictory doesn’t it?
Jace: Love is a contradiction
The lyrics "It's bad enough, waking up from all these nightmares and then I see your face and you're the one who looks scared" is so very much like when Clary confronted Jace and could see how hurt she was that he had avoided her at all costs to keep from having any kind of intimate moment with her that would lead him to harm her.

What do you think about this?

Here's more on the band that wrote this awesome song! Roses Unread is an unsigned band based out of Memphis/Jackson, Tennessee. They are heavily influenced by bands like Sevendust, Thrice, Breaking Benjamin, Versa Emerge, Paramore, Saosin, Halestorm, and Evanescence. With the haunting lead vocals of singer Allison Teague, the band is forged on a love for catchy melodies, overdriven tube amps, thundering bass lines, and tight drumming.

Take a listen to "Room 312" and see what you think!




Make sure to follow The Mortal Institute blog and also follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...